The project account name from now on will be, for instance, 207-05 (no v_207_05 anymore)
To observe in a project, operators need to do the following:
1. Create the Project with the new ncsPAM utility, see instructions in CreateProjects
- (you can check that the project has been created in the web page as usual)
2. Create a new Observation Queue, see instructions in Observation Queues
- ( you can check that queue has been created by doing the following: ls -ltr /ncsServer/mrt/ncs/observationQueues/ in account mrt on mrt-lx1)
1. and 2. are just to create the necessary software area to use that project.
Now, to really observe in this project, you need to link the observing area, to the project. To do it, you need to switch the observation queue to the project as follows:
3. Switch the Observation Queue, see instructions in Observation Queues
So, step 3. is the only necessary when changing project once the Project and Queue exist.