needs review (WB 15-04-21)
- IP address: 18.104.22.168
- Usage: mrt-lx6 is a linux system at the mrt that is used by the operator to control the antenna.
- Operating System: Linux, Debian Squeeze
- DELL Precision T1600
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz
- 2 DIMM Memory slots, 2x2048MB
- 1 H/D SATA 250 GB
VGA Quadro 600 PCI Express, 2 screens (DisplayPort and DVI, configured with driver from nvidia
- Ethernet Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit
- Location: Operator desk
- Other Notes: login as user 'operator'
- In case of problems with this computer, the account operator can be opened on any other mrt-lx* computer. In order that everything work properly, the spare computer should be renamed to mrt-lx6 with IP 22.214.171.124.
- 2009-03-25 wb,as: mrt-lx6 hardware boots again with fixed internet address. KDE configuration seems to be corrupted
- 2009-03-19 wb/mm:
- Replaced and system installed as a normal linux terminal, wiht lenny. No modem configuration yet. Scotty not needed anymore, not installed. X configuration with driver from www.ati.com.
- Later tried to use mrt-lx6 for operator but is did not work.
- 2009-03-18 wb:
- Hard disk broken. Using mrt-lx10 for operator. (we had installed disk monitoring using smart but the software 'failed' on mrt-lx6, either because the disk type is not supported or there was already a disk failure)
- 2009-02-10 rmm:
- added eth1:0 as 192.168.224.54, in order to server DNS requests that come from the 192.168.224. (*.local.iram.es) network.
- mrt-lx10 tested as spare (see operational notes) by EL and RMM. Login as operator the first time, we had no window manager and have to run kwin to put things to normal. The second time we logged at the system as operator, everything was OK.
- 29/May/2007: upgraded from sarge to etch,
- special video configuration not needed any more. Debian xorg works OK.
- Oct/2007: initial hardware (Dell Optiplex GX280 JMZ8J1J, Pentium4 2.8 GHz) broken under guarantee, and replaced by Dell.
- And we need to use again the ATI proprietary graphics driver.
- 9/Jul/2008: until now this computer was used as mrt-lx10, from now on it is mrt-lx6. It was necessary:
- Bind9 installation
- modem configuration
- scotty compilation and installation
- Big monitors automatically detected and configured by ATI software.
What should be working on this computer (Checklist after an upgrade or reinstallation)
tcpdump and wireshark
mrt-lx6 can be used to monitor traffic of a mrt-consoleSwitch port (normally20), see NetworkTG
DPMS off at /etc/X11/xorg.conf
- Include the line
Option "DPMS" "false"at the configuration of both monitors, at /etc/X11/xorg.conf
- Please be sure to have installed rsh-client package, in order not to default to ssh client (port 22)
- Categories: CategoryCGComputer